A Special Issue Peter B. Hirtle, Associate Editor
A Matter of Style Bonita Wilson, Managing Editor
Letters to the Editor:
From Stephen Marsh, National Research Council Canada
From James Weinheimer, Princeton University
Collected Wisdom: Some Cross-domain Issues of Collection Level Description
Paul Miller, UKOLN (UK Office for Library and Information Networking)
Archives Described at Collection Level
Meg Sweet and David Thomas, Public Record Office, United Kingdom
Collection Level Description - the Museum Perspective
Heather Dunn, Canadian Heritage Information Network
Directories of Libraries and Related Organizations
Judith Pearce, National Library of Australia
Collection Level Description - The RIDING and Agora Experience
Dr. E.V. Brack, University of Sheffield; David Palmer, University of East Anglia; and Bridget Robinson, University of Bath
RSLP Collection Description
Andy Powell, University of Bath; Michael Heaney, University of Oxford; and Lorcan Dempsey, King's College London
Image of a self-portrait of Arnold Schoenberg, Composer, Early 20th Century.
Used by permission of Lawrence Schoenberg.
The Arnold Schönberg
Center web site is one of the resources linked to from the DW3 Classical Music Resources collection, D-Lib Magazine's featured collection this month.
Point to Point
Calls for Participation
- EUNIS 2001: 7th International Congress of European University Information Systems 26 - 30 March 2001, Berlin, Germany. Call for papers. The deadline for abstracts is 31 October 2000.
- ICHIM 2001 3 - 7 September 2001, Milan, Italy. Call for papers. The deadline for submission is 30 November 2000.
- 3rd ENCOMPASS2000 Workshop: e-Content Management Usability Mining and Mass Personalisation 15 December 2000, Portsmouth University, United Kingdom. Call for papers. The deadline for submission is 4 Decmeber 2000.
- International Digital Libraries Collaborative Research Second Years' Competition. Call for proposals. Letters of intent are due 15 December 2000 and full proposals are due 15 January 2001.
- SIGIR 2001: The 24th Annual International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval 7 - 12 September 2001, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. Call for papers. The deadline for proposals is 29 January 2001.
- Library Research Seminar 2 - 3 November 2001, University of Maryland, Maryland, USA. Call for papers. The deadline for submission of proposals for advisory clinics, juried papers, panel presentations, and round table discussions is 1 February 2001.
- WebNet 2000: World Conference on the WWW and Internet, 30 October - 4 November 2000, San Antonio, Texas, USA.
- ACM Multimedia 2000, 30 October - 4 November 2000, Los Angeles, California, USA.
- ALN 2000: Building Sustainable Online Learning Environments, 3 - 5 November 2000, Adelphi, Maryland, USA.
- 2000 LITA National Forum: High Tech / High Touch, 3 - 5 November 2000, Portland, Oregon, USA.
- Four Walls and Beyond: Libraries in the New Millennium, 3 November 2000, Ashland, Ohio, USA.
- Information Society Technologies Event, 6 - 8 November 2000, Nice, France.
- Eighth International Symposium of ACMGIS, 10 - 11 November 2000, Washington, D.C., USA.
- Bicentennial Conference on Bibliographic Control for the New Millennium, 15 - 17 November 2000, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., USA.
- Digital Strategies 2000, 16 November 2000, College Park, Maryland, USA.
- CUU 2000: ACM Conference on Universal Usability, 16 - 17 November 2000, Arlington, Virginia, USA.
- 2nd Schemas Workshop: Publishing and Sharing Your Metadata Application Profile, 23 - 24 November 2000, Bonn, Germany.
Sites for D-Lib Magazine:
The Corporation for National Research Initiatives, Reston, Virginia, U.S.A.
UKOLN: The UK Office for Library and Information Networking, Bath, England
The Australian National University Sunsite, Canberra, Australia
State Library of Lower Saxony and the University Library of Goettingen, Goettingen, Germany
Universidad de Belgrano, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
Masthead | Guidelines for Authors | Access Terms
D-Lib Magazine is produced the Corporation for National Research Initiatives (CNRI) and is sponsored by DARPA on behalf of the Digital Libraries Initiative under Grant No. N66001-98-8908.
Please send questions or comments to: email@example.com
Copyright© 2000 Corporation for National Research Initiatives
Top | Editorial