Ten Years of D-Lib Magazine and Counting
Robert E. Kahn
A Tenth Anniversary for D-Lib Magazine
Bonita Wilson and Allison L. Powell, Corporation for National Research Initiatives
Really 10 Years Old?
Amy Friedlander, Shinkuro, Inc.
Ronald L. Larsen, University of Pittsburgh
Funding for Digital Libraries Research: Past and Present
Stephen M. Griffin, National Science Foundation
Digital Libraries: Challenges and Influential Work
William H. Mischo, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
Ratchet mechanism. "Printed" model from stereolithographic file. Courtesy of Cornell University Library, Kinematic Models for Design Digital Library (KMODDL): <http://kmoddl.library.cornell.edu>. Used with permission.
The Kinematic Models for Design Digital Library (KMODDL) is D-Lib Magazine's featured collection this month.
Where Do We Go From Here? The Next Decade for Digital Libraries
Clifford Lynch, Coalition for Networked Information
A Viewpoint Analysis of the Digital Library
William A. Arms, Cornell University
Dewey Meets Turing: Librarians, Computer Scientists, and the Digital Libraries Initiative
Andreas Paepcke, Hector Garcia-Molina, and Rebecca Wesley, Stanford University
Border Crossings: Reflections on a Decade of Metadata Consensus Building
Stuart L. Weibel, OCLC Research
Report on the Fifth ACM/IEEE Joint Conference on Digital Libraries - Cyberinfrastructure for Research and Education: June 11, 2005, Denver, Colorado
Tamara Sumner, University of Colorado at Boulder
JCDL Workshop Report: Studying Digital Library Users in the Wild
Michael Khoo, University Corporation for Atmospheric Research and David Ribes, University of California - San Diego
Kinematic Models for Design Digital Library (KMODDL)
Kizer Walker and John M. Saylor, Cornell University
Developing a Digital Libraries Education Program: JCDL Workshop Summary
Molly Dolan, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
NSF/NSDL & CODATA Workshop on International Scientific Data, Standards, and Digital Libraries
Laura M. Bartolo, Kent State University and John Rumble, Information International Associates
Next Generation Knowledge Organization Systems: Integration Challenges and Strategies
Deanne DiPietro, Sonoma Ecology Center
In the News:
Recent Press Releases and Announcements
Point to Point
- Computers in Libraries 2006, 22 - 24 March 2006, Washington, DC, USA. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 15 August 2005.
- SIGCSE 2006 Symposium, 1 - 5 March 2006, Houston, Texas, USA. Call for papers. The submission date is 9 September 2005.
- The IASTED International Conference on
Advances in Computer Science and Technology - ACST 2006, 23 - 25 January 2006, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Call for papers. The submission date is 15 September 2005.
- The Fifth IASTED International Conference on Web-based Education - WBE 2006, 23 - 25 January 2006, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Call for papers. The submission date is 15 September 2005.
- IUI '06: Tenth International Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces 2006, 29 January - 1 February 2006, Sydney, Australia. Call for papers. The submission date is 19 September 2005.
- CHI 2006: Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, 22 - 27 2006, Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Call for papers. The submission date is 23 September 2005.
- The 14th International Conference in Central Europe on Computer Graphics, Visualization and Computer Vision'2006, 30 January - 3 February 2006, Plzen, Czech Republic. Call for papers. The submission date is 27 September 2005.
- 10th Pacific-Asia Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, 9 - 12 April 2006, Singapore. Call for papers. The submission date is 30 September 2005.
- OpenURL Registry , NISO Request for Proposal (RFP). The submission date for submitting a propsal is 15 October 2005.
- ICEIS 2006 - 8th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems, 23 - 27 May 2006 in Paphos. Cyprus. Call for papers. The submission date is 18 October 2005.
- DRH 2005: Digital Resources for the Humanities, 4 - 8 September 2005, Lancaster, United Kingdom
- ESSIR 2005: European Summer School in Information Retrieval, 5 - 9 September 2005, Dublin, Ireland
- neXt 2005: ALIA National Library and Information Technicians Conference, 6 - 9 September 2005, Sydney, Australia
- Hypertext 2005, 6 - 10 September 2005, Salzburg, Austria
- Internet Technologies and Applications (ITA 05), 7 - 9 September 2005, Wrexham, North Wales, United Kingdom
- ASIDIC Fall 2005 Meeting: The Changing Value of Content, 11 - 13 September 2005, Napa, California, USA
- ISMIR 2005 (6th International Conference on Music
Information Retrieval), 11 - 15 September 2005, London, United Kingdom
- DC-2005: International Conference on Dublin Core and Metadata Applications 12 - 15 September 2005, Madrid, Spain
- Joint Workshop on Electronic Publishing (sponsored by Delos, SVEP and ScieCom), 14 - 15 September 2005, Lund, Sweden
- ICINCO 2005 - International Conference on Informatics in Control, Automation and Robotics, 14 - 17 September 2005, Barcelona, Spain
- XVIth International Conference of the Association for History and Computing, 14 - 17 September 2005, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Maximising Data Value Data Use and Re-Use, 15 - 16 September 2005, Newland Park, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
- Fifth International Congress on Peer Review and Biomedical Publication, 16 - 18 September 2005, Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Libraries Without Walls 6: Evaluating the Distributed Delivery of Library Services, 16 - 20 September 2005, Lesvos, Greece
- 9th European Conference on Research and Advanced Technologies for Digital Libraries, 18 - 23 September 2005, Vienna, Austria
- WebSearch University, 19 - 20 September 2005, Arlington, Virginia, USA
- 9th World Congress on Health Information and Libraries, 20 - 22 September 2005, Bahia, Brazil
- ICHIM 2005: Digital Culture and Heritage, 21 - 23 September 2005, Paris, France
- IWAW 05: International Web Archiving Workshop and Digital Preservation, 22 - 23 September 2005, Vienna, Austria
- The 33rd Research Conference on Communication, Information and Internet Policy, 23 - 25 September 2005, Fairfax, Virginia, USA
- Building the Info GRID: Digital Library Technologies and Services - Trends and Perspectives, 26 - 27 September 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Digital Futures: From Digitization to Delivery, 26 - 30 September 2005, London, United Kingdom
- Canadian Metadata Forum 2005, 27 - 28 September 2005, Ottawa, Canada
- ETD 2005: 8th International Symposium on Electronic Theses & Dissertations, 27 - 30 September 2005, Sydney, Australia
- DCC (Digital Curation Centre) Conference 2005, 29 - 30 September 2005, Bath, United Kingdom
- LITA National Forum 2005, 29 - September - 2 October 2005, San Jose, California, USA
- Southeastern Scholarship Conference on e-Learning (SSCEL), 30 September - 1 October 2005, Macon, Georgia, USA
- K-Cap '05: Third International Conference on Knowledge Capture 2005, 1 - 4 October 2005, Banff, Canada
- International Conference on Open Access within the tradition of the Berlin Declaration, 5 - 7 October 2005, Golm, Germany
- DLM Forum Conference, 5 - 7 October 2005, Budapest, Hungary
- Archival Perspectives in Digital Preservation, (limited to 30 participants), 6 - 7 October 2005, Richmond, Virginia, USA
- Digital Preservation Training Programme (DPTP), 10 - 14 October 2005, Warwick, United Kingdom
- AIRS 2005: 2nd Asia Information Retrieval Symposium, 13 - 15 October 2005, Jeju Island, Korea
- 3rd International Evidence Based Librarianship Conference - Evolution of evidence: global perspectives on linking research with practice, 16 - 19 October 2005, Brisbane, Australia
- 2005 International Symposium on Wikis, 17 - 18 October 2005, San Diego, California, USA
- Access 2005, 17 - 19 October 2005, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference 2005, 18 - 21 October 2005, Orlando, Florida, USA
- WWW Internet 2005: IADIS (International Association for Development of the Information Society) International Conference, 19 - 22 October 2005, Lisbon, Portugal
- Innovations in Scholarly Communication (OAI4), 20 - 22 October 2005, Geneva, Switzerland
- Internet Librarian International 2005, 24 - 26 October 2005, Monterey, California, USA
- Sparking Synergies: Bringing Research and Practice Together @ ASIST '05, 28 October - 2 November 2005, Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
- ACM 14th Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM), 31 October - 5 November 2005, Bremen, Germany
Sites for D-Lib Magazine:
National Research Initiatives, Reston, Virginia, U.S.A.
UKOLN, University of Bath, Bath, England (mirror site)
The Australian National University,
Canberra, Australia (mirror site)
State Library of Lower Saxony and the University Library of Goettingen,
Universidad de Belgrano,
Buenos Aires, Argentina (mirror site)
Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan (mirror site)
BN - National Library of Portugal, Portugal (mirror site)
Guidelines for Authors
D-Lib Magazine is produced by the
Corporation for National
Research Initiatives (CNRI), has been sponsored by the
Defense Advanced Research Project
on behalf of the Digital Libraries Initiative under Grant
and is currently being funded by the
National Science Foundation (NSF)
under Grant No. IIS-0243042.
Please send questions or comments to: email@example.com
2005 Corporation for National Research Initiatives
D-Lib is registered in the U.S. Patent
and Trademark Office.
Top | Editorial