The Growth of Digital Content
The Role of RSS in Science Publishing: Syndication and Annotation on the Web
Tony Hammond, Timo Hannay and Ben Lund, Nature Publishing Group
Resource Harvesting within the OAI-PMH Framework
Herbert Van de Sompel, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Research Library; Michael L. Nelson, Old Dominion University; and Carl Lagoze and Simeon Warner, Cornell University
A Repository of Metadata Crosswalks
Carol Jean Godby, Jeffrey A. Young, and Eric Childress, OCLC Online Computer Library Center, Inc.
Metadata Development in China : Research and Practice
Jia Liu, Peking University, China
Works Progress Administration poster for the Federal Theatre for youth presentation of "A Christmas Carol" in Ohio.
Library of Congress, Prints and Photographs Division, WPA Poster Collection [Reproduction Number: LC-USZC2-3737].
By the People, For the People: Posters from the WPA, 1936-1943 is D-Lib Magazine's featured collection this month.
How Fares the Wired Museum? Report on the 32nd Annual Conference of the Museum Computer Network (November 10-13, 2004)
David Green, Knowledge Culture
ISMIR 2004: International Conference on Music Information Retrieval, October 10-14, 2004, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain
Michael Droettboom, Johns Hopkins University
By the People, For the People: Posters from the WPA, 1936-1943
Library of Congress
New Cross-Atlantic Collaboration in Digital Government Starts November 2004
Eduard Hovy, USC Information Sciences Institute
Creating a Digital Library Education Program at Indiana University Bloomington and the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Kristine Brancolini, Indiana University
Tapir (Theses Alive Plugin for Institutional Repositories)
Richard Jones, Edinburgh University Library
Great Lakes Regional Data Exchange Conference (RDX): October 26-28, 2004, Detroit, Michigan
Gail Steinhart, Cornell University
In the News:
Recent Press Releases and Announcements
- Sparking Synergies: Bringing Research and Practice Together @ ASIST '05, 28 October - 2 November 2005, Charlotte, North Carolina, USA. Call for papers. The submission dates are: for full papers, technical sessions and panels, and pre-conference sessions 21 January 2005; for short papers and posters, 25 February 2004.
- IMLS National Leadership Grants for Libraries. The grant application deadline is 1 February 2005.
- First International Conference on e-Social Science, 22 - 24 June 2005, Manchester, United Kingdom. Call for papers. The abstract submission deadline is 1 February 2005.
- International Computer Music Association Conference (ICMC 2005), 5 - 9 September 2005, Barcelona, Spain. Call for particiipation. Music, video and installation submissions must be received no later than 5 February 2005.
- CoLIS 5 Context: Nature, Impact and Role (Fifth International Conference on Conceptions of Library and Information
Science), 4 - 9 June 2005, Glasgow, United Kingdom. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 7 February 2005.
- Joint Conference on Digital Libraries (JCDL) 2005, 7 - 11 June 2005, Denver, Colorado, USA. Short papers, posters, demonstrations, and proposals for workshops are due 10 February 2005.
- Libraries in the Digital Age (LIDA) 2005, 30 May - 3 June 2005, Dubrovnik, Croatia. Call for demonstrations and posters. The submission date is 10 February 2005.
- Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS) Awards for Museum and Library Service Materials must be postmarked no later than 15 February 2005.
- KDD-2005: The Eleventh ACM SIGKDD International Conference
on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, 21 - 24 August 2005, Chicago, Illinois, USA. Call for papers. The submission deadline for abstracts is 18 February.
- ICINCO 2005 - International Conference on Informatics in Control, Automation and Robotics, 14 - 17 September, 2005, Barcelona, Spain. Call for papers. The submission date is 25 February 2005.
- CALIBER, 2 - 4 February 2005, Cochin, India
- First International CORDRA Workshop, 4 - 5 February, Melbourne, Australia
- Managing Digital Assets: A Primer for Library and Information Technology Administrators, 4 - 6 February 2005, Charleston, South Carolina, USA
- 2005 Web-Wise Conference on Libraries and Museums in the Digital World, 16 - 18 February 2005, Washington, DC, USA
- GlobusWORLD 2005, 7 - 11 February 2005, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
- IPSI 2005 AMALFI, 17 - 20 February 2005, Amalfi, Italy
- The 4th IASTED International Conference on Web-Based Education (WBE 2005), 21 - 23 February 2005, Grindelwald, Switzerland
- International Conference on Information Management in a Knowledge Society (ICIM 2005), 21 - 25 February 2005, Mumbai, India
- NFAIS Annual Conference 2005 Whose Mind Is It Anyway? Identifying and Meeting Diverse User Needs in the Ongoing Battle for Mindshare, 27 February - 1 March 2005, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
- ECURE 2005: Preservation and Access for Digital College and University
Resources Conference, 28 February - 2 March 2005, Tempe, Arizona, USA
Sites for D-Lib Magazine:
National Research Initiatives, Reston, Virginia, U.S.A.
UKOLN, University of Bath, Bath, England (mirror site)
The Australian National University,
Canberra, Australia (mirror site)
State Library of Lower Saxony and the University Library of Goettingen,
Universidad de Belgrano,
Buenos Aires, Argentina (mirror site)
Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan (mirror site)
BN - National Library of Portugal, Portugal (mirror site)
Guidelines for Authors
D-Lib Magazine is produced by the
Corporation for National
Research Initiatives (CNRI), has been sponsored by the
Defense Advanced Research Project
on behalf of the Digital Libraries Initiative under Grant
and is currently being funded by the
National Science Foundation (NSF)
under Grant No. IIS-0243042.
Please send questions or comments to: email@example.com
2004 Corporation for National Research Initiatives
D-Lib is registered in the U.S. Patent
and Trademark Office.
Top | Editorial