Personalized Information Organization
Social Bookmarking Tools (I): A General Overview
Tony Hammond, Timo Hannay, Ben Lund and Joanna Scott, Nature Publishing Group
Social Bookmarking Tools (II): A Case Study - Connotea
Ben Lund, Tony Hammond and Timo Hannay, Nature Publishing Group; and Martin Flack, NeoReality, Inc.
Initial Experiences in Developing a Chronologically Organized Digital Library for Continuing Education in Biodefense
Donna M. D'Alessandro, MD and Michael P. D'Alessandro, MD, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine
Survey of the Providers of Electronic Publications Holding Contracts with Spanish University Libraries
Blanca Rodríguez Bravo and María Luisa Alvite Díez, University of Leon
The plasmasphere, the cloud of cold, dense plasma surrounding the Earth, viewed from above the North Pole by the IMAGE spacecraft.
Courtesy of the IMAGE EUV Team and NASA. Used with permission.
The IMAGE web site is D-Lib Magazine's featured collection this month.
- 5th International Web Archiving Workshop and Digital Preservation (IWAW'05), 22 - 23 September 2005, Vienna, Austria. Call for papers. The submission date is 1 June 2005.
- Brick & Click Libraries Symposium, 14 October 2005, Maryville, Missouri, USA. Call for papers. The submission date is 1 June 2005.
- ICADL 2005: The 8th International Conference on Asian Digital Libraries, 12 - 15 December 2005, Bangkok, Thailand. Call for papers. The submission date for abstracts is 8 June 2005.
- SITIS 2005: IEEE International Conference on Signal-Image Technology & Internet-based Systems, 27 November - 2 December 2005, Yaoundé, Cameroon. Call for papers. The abstract submission date is 8 June 2005.
- WISE 2005: 6th International Conference on Web Information Systems Engineering,
20 - 22 November 2005, New York City, New York, USA. Call for papers. The submission date for abstracts is 10 June 2005 and for full papers, the submission date is 17 June 2005.
- The 5th IEEE International Conference on Data Mining, 27 - 30 November 2005, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. Call for papers. The submission date is 15 June 2005.
- 4th European Networked Knowledge Organization Systems (NKOS) Workshop, 22 September 2005, Vienna, Austria. Call for papers. The submission date for paper proposals is 20 June 2005.
- School for Scanning: Building Good Digital Collections, 1 - 3 June 2005, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
- Society for Scholarly Publishing Annual Meeting, 1 - 3 June 2005, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
- Canadian Association for Information Science/L'association canadienne
des sciences de l'information (CAIS/ACSI) 2005, 2 - 4 June 2005, London, Ontario, Canada
- CoLIS 5 Context: Nature, Impact and Role (Fifth International Conference on Conceptions of Library and Information
Science), 4 - 9 June 2005, Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Putting Knowledge to Work; SLA 2005 Annual Conference, 4 - 9 June 2005, Toronto, Canada
- ACM Conference on Electronic Commerce (EC'05), 5 - 8 June 2005, Vancouver, Canada
- DELOS Summer School 2005 on Digital Preservation in Digital Libraries, 5 - 11 June 2005, Sophia Antipolis, France
- EDUCAUSE Southeast Regional Conference, 6 - 8 June 2005, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- The 25th International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS), 6 - 9 June 2005, Columbus, Ohio, USA
- Joint Conference on Digital Libraries (JCDL 2005), 7 - 11 June 2005, Denver, Colorado, USA
- 9th ELPUB Conference, 8 - 10 June 2005, Leuven-Heverlee, Belgium
- Freedom and Information, 15 - 17 June 2005, Loughborough, United Kingdom
- 4th International Conference on eLiteracy, 15 - 17 June, 2005, Glasgow, Scotland
- Canadian Library Association Conference 2005: Rediscover the Library Movement, 15 - 18 June 2005, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- ACH/ALLC Conference 2005, 15 - 19 June 2005, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
- 5th Annual Symposium on Intellectual Property - Pirates, Thieves and Innocents:
Perceptions of Copyright Infringement in the Digital Age, 16 - 17 June 2005, Adelphi, Maryland, USA
- 2005 International Conference on Digital Archive Technologies (ICDAT2005), 16 - 17 June 2005, Taipei, Taiwan
- Informing Science + Information Technology Education (InSITE), 16 - 19 June 2005, Flagstaff, Arizona, USA
- First International Conference on e-Social Science, 22 - 24 June 2005, Manchester, United Kingdom
- American Library Association 2005 Annual Conference, 23 - 29 June 2005, Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Intelligence Tools:
Data Mining, Visualization (IDV 2005), 27 - 28 June 2005, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
- Open Culture: accessing and sharing Knowledge, Scholarly Production and Education in the Digital Age, 27 - 29 June 2005, Milan, Italy
- E Society 2005: IADIS (International Association for Development of the Information Society) International Conference, 27 - 30 June 2005, Qawra, Malta
- Institute for Computer
Policy and Law: Tenth Annual Seminar, 28 June - 1 July 2005, Ithaca, New York, USA
Sites for D-Lib Magazine:
National Research Initiatives, Reston, Virginia, U.S.A.
UKOLN, University of Bath, Bath, England (mirror site)
The Australian National University,
Canberra, Australia (mirror site)
State Library of Lower Saxony and the University Library of Goettingen,
Universidad de Belgrano,
Buenos Aires, Argentina (mirror site)
Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan (mirror site)
BN - National Library of Portugal, Portugal (mirror site)
Guidelines for Authors
D-Lib Magazine is produced by the
Corporation for National
Research Initiatives (CNRI), has been sponsored by the
Defense Advanced Research Project
on behalf of the Digital Libraries Initiative under Grant
and is currently being funded by the
National Science Foundation (NSF)
under Grant No. IIS-0243042.
Please send questions or comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2005 Corporation for National Research Initiatives
D-Lib is registered in the U.S. Patent
and Trademark Office.
Top | Editorial