Building a Distributed, Standards-based Repository Federation: The China Digital Museum Project
Robert Tansley, Hewlett Packard
A Service Framework for Libraries
Brian Lavoie and Lorcan Dempsey, OCLC Online Computer Library Center, Inc.; and Geneva Henry, Rice University
WikiD: An OpenURL 1.0 Application
Jeffrey A. Young and Thomas B. Hickey, OCLC Online Computer Library Center, Inc.
Photograph of the historic Betsy Ross house, one of Philadelphia's three most-visited historic sites.
Copyright © Independence Hall Association. Used with permission.
This month, D-Lib's featured collection is ushistory.org.
The Role of Evidence in Establishing Trust in Repositories
Seamus Ross and Andrew McHugh, Humanities Advanced Technology and Information Institute at University of Glasgow
Report on the Sixth ACM/IEEE Joint Conference on Digital Libraries (JCDL 2006) - Opening Information Horizons: Held June 11-15, 2006, in Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Michael Khoo, University Corporation for Atmospheric Research
Metadata Tools for Digital Resource Repositories: JCDL 2006 Workshop Report
Jane Greenberg, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill; and Thomas Severiens, Universität Osnabrück, Germany
Digital Libraries in the Context of Users' Broader Activities: JCDL 2006 Workshop Report
Ann Blandford and Jeremy Gow, University College London Interaction Centre
METS Implementation Meeting: JCDL 2006 Workshop Report
Nancy Hoebelheinrich, Stanford University
Digital Curation and Trusted Repositories, Seeking Success: JCDL 2006 Workshop Report
Carolyn Hank, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Developing a Digital Libraries Education Program: JCDL 2006 Workshop Report
Kristine R. Brancolini and Javed Mostafa, Indiana University
Report on the JCDL 2006 Doctoral Consortium
Geneva Henry, Rice University
Doug Heller, Independence Hall Association
New Handle System Release and License
Laurence Lannom, Corporation for National Research Initiatives
Digital Libraries Curriculum Development
Jeffrey Pomerantz, Barbara M. Wildemuth, and Sanghee Oh, University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill; and Seungwon Yang and Edward A. Fox, Virginia Tech
OCLC Designated Maintenance Agency for OpenURL Standard
Pat Stevens, NISO
VERSIONS (Versions of Eprints - user Requirements Study and Investigation Of the Need for Standards)
Louise Allsop, The London School of Economics and Political Science
In the News:
Recent Press Releases and Announcements
Point to Point
- International Conference on Semantic Web and Digital Libraries (ICSD 2007), 21 - 23 February 2007, Bangalore, Indias. Call for papers. The submission date for abstracts is 15 August 2006, for full papers the submission date is 15 September 2006.
- SIGCSE 2007 - 38th ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education, 7 - 10 March 2007, Covington, Kentucky, USA. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 8 September 2007.
- The 2006 International Conference on Signal-Image Technology & Internet-based Systems (SITIS 06), 17 - 21 December 2006, Hammamet, Tunisia. Call for papers and tutorial proposals. The submission deadline is 9 September 2006.
- BOBCATSSS Symposium, 29 - 31 January 2007, Prague, Czech Republic. Call for papers. The submission deadline for abstracts is 15 September 2006.
- MUSIC-AI 2007: International Workshop on Artificial Intelligence and Music, 6 January 2007, Hyderabad, India. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 25 September 2006.
- International Journal of Knowledge and Learning (IJKL), Special Issue on: "Learning and Interacting in the Web: Social Networks and Social Software in the Web 2.0". Call for papers. The submission date for abstracts is 30 September 2006.
- The IASTED International Conference on Internet and Multimedia Systems and Applications
- EuroIMSA 2007, 14 - 16 March 2007, Chamonix, France. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 15 October 2006.
- 16th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW2007), 8 - 12 May 2007, Banff, Alberta, Canada. Call for workshop proposals. The submission date for workshop proposals is 20 October 2006.
- WEBIST 2007 - 3rd International Conference on Web Information Systems and Technologies, 3 - 6 March 2007, Barcelona, Spain. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 30 October 2006.
- HCI 2007 International: 12th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, 22 - 27 July 2007, Beijing, P.R. China. Call for papers and tutorial proposals. The submission deadline for both abstracts of papers and tutorial proposals is 30 October 2006.
- New Review of Hypermedia and Multimedia, Special Issue on Web Archiving. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 30 October 2006.
- International Summer School in Systematic Musicology (ISSSM 2006), 1 - 10 September 2006, Ghent, Belgium. (Limited enrollment.)
- Digital Resources in the Humanities and Arts, 3 - 6 September 2006, Devon, United Kingdom
- 7th European Conference on Knowledge Management, 4 - 5 September 2006, Budapest, Hungary
- 8th International Conference on Data Warehousing and Knowledge Discovery, 4 - 8 September 2006, Krakow, Poland
- ALT-C 2006: the next generation, 5 - 7 September 2006, Endinburgh, United Kingdom
- I-KNOW: 6th International Conference on Knowledge Management, 6 - 8 September 2006, Graz, Austria
- ASIDIC 2006 Fall Meeting, 10 - 12 September 2006, Newport Beach, California, USA
- 10th European Conference of Medical and Health Libraries, 11 - 16 September 2006, Cluj, Romania
- 32nd International Conference on Very Large Databases, 12 - 15 September 2006, Seoul, South Korea
- Bringing Text Alive:
The Future of Scholarship, Pedagogy, and Electronic Publication, 14 - 17 September 2006, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
- 10th ECDL (European Conference on Research and Advanced Technology for Digital Libraries, 17 - 22 September 2006, Alicante, Spain
- Web Search University, 18 - 19 September 2006, Washington, DC, USA
- 2006 IEEE International Conference on Web Services, 18 - 22 September 2006, Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Learning on Screen Conference, 19 - 20 September 2006, Birmingham, United Kingdom
- Click '06: ALIA (Australian Library and Information Association) 2006 Biennial Conference, 19 - 22 September 2006, Perth, Australia
- Nebraska Digital Workshop, 22 - 23 September 2006, Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
- The 2006 AUKML Conference
The 21st Century Information Professional, 22 - 24 September 2006, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Library Assessment Conference: Building Effective, Sustainable, Practical Assessment, 25 - 27 September 2006, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
- Moving towards open access: A JISC conference for research funders, authors, publishers and librarians, 27 - 28 September 2006, Oxford, United Kingdom
- Open Education 2006 Conference, 27 - 29 September 2006, Logan, Utah, USA
- 2nd Secure Knowledge Management Workshop (SKM 2006), 28 - 29 September 2006, Brooklyn , New York, USA
- International and Interdisciplinary Conference of the Association of Internet Researchers (AOIR), 28 - 30 September 2006, Brisbane , Australia
- Sixth IASTED International Conference on Visualization, Imaging, and Image Processing - VIIP 2006, 28 - 30 September 2006, Palma de Mallorca, Spain
- Managing Electronic Collections, National Information Standards Organization workshop, 28 - 30 September 2006, Denver, Colorado, USA
- Digital Preservation Management: Short-Term Solutions to Long-Term Problems, 1 - 6 October 2006, Ithaca , New York, USA
- International Association of Computer Information Systems (IACIS) 2006 Conference, 4 - 7 October 2006, Reno, Nevada, USA
- International Conference on Dublin Core and Metadata Application: Metadata for Knowledge and Learning, 3 - 6 October 2006, Manzanillo, Colima, Mexico
- IADIS International Conference: WWW/Internet 2006, 5 - 8 October 2006, Murcia, Spain
- iPres International Conference on the Preservation of Digital Objects, 8 - 10 October 2006, Ithaca, New York, USA
- LIANZA Conference: Next Generation Libraries, 8 - 11 October, 2006, Wellington, New Zealand
- International Conference on Music Information Retreival (ISMIR 2006), 8 - 12 October 2006, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
- EDUCAUSE 2006: Spurring Innovation and Marshalling Resources, 9 - 12 October 2006, Dallas, Texas, USA
- TMRA (Topic Maps Research and Applications) 2006: Leveraging the Semantics, 11 - 12 October 2006, Leipzig, Germany
- CaSTA (Canadian Symposium on Text Analysis) 2006, Breadth of Text - A Joint Humanities Computing, Computer Science Conference, 11 - 14 October 2006, Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
- Access 2006, 11 - 14 October 2006, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Governing the Knowledge Society, 12 - 13 October 2006, Hamburg, Germany
- E-Learn 2006, 13 - 17 October 2006, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
- MEDNET: World Congress on Internet in Medicine, 13 - 20 October 2006, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Internet Librarian International 2006, 16 - 17 October 2006, London, United Kingdom
- 8th Russian Conference on Digital Libraries (RCDL'2006), 17 - 19 October 2006, Vladimir, Russia
- First International Symposium on Information Interaction in Context (IIiX), 18 - 20 October, 2006, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Open Scholarship 2006: New Challenges for Open Access Repositories, 18 - 20 October 2006, Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Europe-China Conference on Intellectual Property in Digital Media, 18 - 20 October 2006, Shanghai, China
- 2006 Symposium on Interactive Visual Information Collections and Activity (IVICA), 20 - 22 October 2006, College Station, Texas, USA
- 20th International CODATA Conference, 22 - 25 October 2006, Beijing, Peoples Republic of China
- Internet Librarian 2006, 23 - 25 October 2006, Monterey, California, USA
- International Conference on Multidisciplinary Information Sciences and Technologies, InSciT2006, 25 - 28 October 2006, Mérida, Spain
- LITA (Library and Information Technology Association) 2006 National Forum, 26 - 29 October 2006, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
- The e-volution of Information Technology in Cultural Heritage, Where Hi-Tech Touches the Past: Risks and Challenges for the 21st Century, 30 October - 4 November 2006, Nicosia, Cyprus
- KMWorld & Intranets, 31 October - 2 November 2006, San Jose, California, USA
- Content Management 2006, 31 October - 2 November 2006, San Jose , California, USA
- Streaming Media West 2006, 31 October - 2 November 2006, San Jose, California, USA
Sites for D-Lib Magazine:
National Research Initiatives, Reston, Virginia, U.S.A.
UKOLN, University of Bath, Bath, England (mirror site)
The Australian National University,
Canberra, Australia (mirror site)
State Library of Lower Saxony and the University Library of Goettingen,
Universidad de Belgrano,
Buenos Aires, Argentina (mirror site)
Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan (mirror site)
BN - National Library of Portugal, Portugal (mirror site)
Guidelines for Authors
D-Lib Magazine is produced by the
Corporation for National
Research Initiatives (CNRI). The magazine has been sponsored by the
Defense Advanced Research Project
on behalf of the Digital Libraries Initiative under Grant
and by the
National Science Foundation (NSF)
under Grant No. IIS-0243042.
Please send questions or comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2006 Corporation for National Research Initiatives
D-Lib is registered in the U.S. Patent
and Trademark Office.
Top | Editorial