Upcoming Changes at D-Lib Magazine
by Bonita Wilson
From Leo Waaijers, Open Access consultant
Beyond 1923: Characteristics of Potentially In-copyright Print Books in Library Collections
Brian Lavoie and Lorcan Dempsey, OCLC Online Computer Library Center
Service-Oriented Models for Educational Resource Federations
Daniel R. Rehak, LSAL; and Nick Nicholas and Nigel Ward, Link Affiliates, Australia
From TIFF to JPEG 2000? Preservation Planning at the Bavarian State Library Using a Collection of Digitized 16th Century Printings
Hannes Kulovits and Andreas Rauber, Vienna University of Technology; and Anna Kugler, Markus Brantl, Tobias Beinert, Astrid Schoger, Bavarian State Library
A Low Cost, Low Memory Footprint, SQL and Servlet-based Solution for Searching Archived Images and Documents in Digital Collections
Cristina Tofan and Daniel Tofan, Eastern Kentucky University
Measuring Citation Advantages of Open Accessibility
Samson C. Soong, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
The Importance of Digital Libraries in Joint Educational Programmes: A Case Study of a Master of Science Programme Involving Organizations in Ghana and the Netherlands
Marga Koelen, International Institute for Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation; and Jonathan Arthur Quaye-Ballard, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
ECDL 2009: Enhancing Digital Libraries Users' Experience
Maria Cassella, University of Turin; and Licia Calvi, University of Applied Sciences, Breda
Report on the Workshop on Digital Curation in the Human Sciences at ECDL 2009 : Corfu, 30 September - 1 October 2009
Costis Dallas, Athena Research Centre; and Peter Doorn, Data Archiving and Networked Service (DANS)
Report on the First DL.org Workshop on Digital Library Interoperability, Best Practices and Modelling Foundations
Perla Innocenti, University of Glasgow; Eleni Toli, University of Athens; and Leonardo Candela, Istituto di Scienza e Tecnologie dell'Informazione
Report on the Workshop on Harvesting Metadata - Practices and Challenges: Held September 30 2009, Corfu, Greece
László Kármán, Monguz Ltd.
Report on the 8th European Networked Knowledge Organization Systems/Services (NKOS) Workshop
Traugott Koch, Max Planck Digital Library, Berlin
Second Workshop on Very Large Digital Libraries 2009: Held In conjunction with the European Conference on Digital Libraries, Corfu, Greece, 2nd of October 2009
Yannis Ioannidis, University of Athens; and Paolo Manghi and Pasquale Pagano, Istituto di Scienza e Tecnologie dell'Informazion, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (ISTI-CNR)
Report on WEMIS 2009: ECDL Workshop on Exploring Musical Information Spaces, Corfu 1-2 October 2009
Nicola Orio, University of Padova; Andreas Rauber, Vienna University of Technology; and David Rizo, University of Alicante
Cross-Language Evaluation Forum Celebrates Tenth Birthday
Carol Peters, Istituto di Scienza e Tecnologie dell'Informazion, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (ISTI-CNR)
Report on the International Web Archiving Workshop (IWAW) 2009
Andreas Rauber, Vienna University of Technology; Julien Masanès, European Archive Foundation; and Marc Spaniol, Max Planck Institute, Germany
Historic Costume & Textiles Collection
Leta Hendricks, Ohio State University
'SciPlore MindMapping' - A Tool for Creating Mind Maps Combined with PDF and Reference Management
Jöran Beel, Bela Gipp, and Christoph Müller, SciPlore.org
The Practice and Perception of Web Archiving in Academic Libraries and Archives
Lisa Gregory, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Pennsylvania Literary Journal: Google Websites as an Easy Publication Route
Anna Faktorovich, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
In the News:
Recent Press Releases and Announcements
The Sewer's Art: Quality, Fashion and Economy featured forty-nine garments that reflect the creative and artistic talents of four fashion and style-conscious women from the beginning to the end of the 20th century. Mrs. Susan H. Beall, OSU Alum, is pictured with her home sewn garments. Copyright Historic Costumes & Textiles Collection. Used with Permission.
This month's featured collection is the Historic Costumes & Textiles Collection at Ohio State University.
Point to Point
- Laura Bush 21st Century Librarian Program. Call for proposals. The submission deadline is 15 December 2009.
- International Conference on Qualitative and Quantitative Methods in Libraries: QQML 2010, 25 -28 May 2010, Chania, Crete, Greece. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 15 December 2009.
- Workshop on Matching and Meaning 2010: Automated development, evolution and interpretation of ontologies, 31 March - 1 April 2010, Leicester, United Kingdom. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 18 December 2009.
- Third International Conference on the Applications of Digital Information and Web Technologies (ICADIWT 2010), 12 - 14 July 2010, Istanbul, Turkey. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 31 December 2009.
- The 2nd International Workshop on
Contextual Information Access, Seeking and Retrieval Evaluation, 28 March 2010, Milton Keynes, United Kingdom. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 4 January 2010.
- ICEIS 2010: 12th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems, 8 - 12 June 2010, Funchal, Madeira, Portugal. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 6 January 2010.
- 33rd Annual ACM SIGIR Conference, 18 - 23 July 2010, Geneva, Switzerland. Call for papers. The submission deadline for abstracts is 10 January and for full papers 22 January 2010.
- ELPUB 2010 - Publishing in the networked world: transforming the nature of communication , 16 - 18 June 2010, Helsinki, Finland. Call for papers. The submission deadline for abstracts is 10 January 2010.
- International Conference on Ambient Systems, Networks and Technologies (ANT-2010), 26 - 28 July 2010, Wolfville, Nova Scotia, Canada. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 10 January 2010.
- UMAP 2010: 18th International Conference on User Modeling, Adaptation, and Personalization, 20 - 24 June 2010, Big Island, Hawaii, USA. Call for papers. The submission deadline for abstracts is 11 January 2010.
- 7th International Symposium on Computer Music Modeling and Retrieval (CMMR) 21 - 24 June 2010, Màlaga, Spain. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 15 January 2010.
- Libraries in the Digital Age (LIDA) 2010, 24 - 28 May 2010, Zadar, Croatia. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 15 January 2010.
- 2nd International Symposium on Information Management in a Changing World, 22 - 24 September 2010, Ankara, Turkey. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 18 January 2010.
- ACM Hypertext Conference: Hypertext 2010, 13- 16 June 2010, Toronto, Canada. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 18 January 2010.
- 23rd International Workshop on Description Logics (DL 2010), 4 - 7 May 2010, Waterloo, Canada. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 26 January 2010.
- 4th International Workshop on Modular Ontologies 11 May 2010, Toronto, Canada. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 29 January 2010.
- Eighth International Network Conference (INC2010), 6 - 8 July 2010, Heidelberg, Germany. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 31 January 2010.
- International Conference on Integrated Intelligent Computing (ICIIC 2010), 5 - 7 August 2010, Kengeri, Bangelore, India. Call for papers. The submission deadline is 31 January 2010.
- IFLA-TISS International Workshop on Capacity Building in the Knowledge Environment, 18 - 19 December 2009, Mumbai, India
- METS Workshop: The Basics and Beyond, 18 - 22 January 2010, Boston, Massachusetts. USA
- 3rd International Conference on Bio-inspired Systems and Signal Processing (BIOSIGNALS), 20 - 23 January 2010, Valencia, Spain
- HEALTHINF 2010 International Conference on Health Informatics, 20 - 23 January 2010, Valencia, Spain
- 2nd International Conference on Agents and Artificial Intelligence (ICAART), 22 - 24 January 2010, Valencia, Spain
- Subject Repositories: European collaboration in the international context 28 - 29 January 2010, London, United Kingdom
Sites for D-Lib Magazine:
National Research Initiatives, Reston, Virginia, U.S.A.
UKOLN, University of Bath, Bath, England (mirror site)
The Australian National University,
Canberra, Australia (mirror site)
State Library of Lower Saxony and the University Library of Goettingen,
Universidad de Belgrano,
Buenos Aires, Argentina (mirror site)
Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan (mirror site)
BN - National Library of Portugal, Portugal (mirror site)
Guidelines for Authors
D-Lib Magazine is produced by
Corporation for National
Research Initiatives (CNRI). Prior to April 2006, the magazine was sponsored by the Defense Advanced Research Project Agency (DARPA)
on behalf of the Digital Libraries Initiative under Grant
and by the
National Science Foundation (NSF)
under Grant No. IIS-0243042.
Please send questions or comments to: email@example.com
2009 Corporation for National Research Initiatives
D-Lib is registered in the U.S. Patent
and Trademark Office.
Top | Editorial | Letters | First Article